mercoledì 17 agosto 2016

Review of "The Deal" by Elle Kennedy (Off-Campus #1)

Hi! Today I just want to try something different! I reviewed this book in Italian, but I want to share my opinion also in English! I loved this book and I realized that this was the perfect book to start with this experiment.. Comment under this post what do you think of my reviev and of this book! In Italy is out only the first book of this series, but I hope not for too long! 
I also apologize for my English but I'm trying to do my best! 

Did you ever read some positive rating of a book, read the plot and thought: I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK! Yep? Well, then you can exactly understand what happened to me about two days ago. Because I put down the books I was reading and started to read this one..  and I haven't regretted my choice! 

A wonderful New Adult, out in Italy from August 5, and I know that you will love it too! 

LEGGILO IN ITALIANO!




Title: The Deal 
Author: Elle Kennedy
Series: Off-Campus #1
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Pages: 342


The series:

1. The Deal, 2015
2. The Mistake, 2015
3. The Score, 2016
4. The Goal, 2016 (September 26)







Plot:


She's about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she's carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush's attention, she'll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice...even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date. 

...and it's going to be oh so good 

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he's worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he's all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn't take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn't going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

Rating:

fiorefiorefiorefiorefiore



My review:

An amazing book! I knew I would have been win over this book, because the plot was interesting, but I didn't believe I would have loved so much. I couldn't lift my eyes from the pages until I finished it!
First book of the New Adult series by Elle Kennedy, with main characters the students of Briar University. 
As often happens, every book will have different main characters. The Deal is about Hannah and Garrett, while the following books will make us known the other Hockey teammates of Garret, as well as some of the friends of Hannah. 
This book is like an iceberg to me: reading the plot you can see the tip, but reading it you realize that under the water there is more.. much more! This book is funny, profound and it makes you thrill.
And it tells you one that doesn't regret any of the hours lost of sleep. I was struck.. I had a specific idea of this book and I thought that just would not go much further from what I had assumed. 
Instead it is a book that has much more and also concern strong and important themes.
This is the strength of the book: having given the necessary space to both Hannah and Garrett, in order to give to the reader a clear idea of the personality, character and story of who we were dealing.
Over the years I learned to love the stories with different PoV and this book could not be told in a different way. On one side the insecure Hannah and on the other the frank Garrett.
The plot is compelling, exiting and not focused only on their love story. We go to the matches of Garrett, we attend rehearsals and performances of Hannah. The author makes you live with them all the experience at the campus. 
Looking at the two main characters, I assure you that their stories will overwhelm you.
Hannah is so sweet, but she can't let herself go. Her past always presses on her and she never manages to detach, except when she sings.
In those moments exist only Hannah and her music, nothing else matters and she is exactly like all the other girls. 
She even believes to know what she wants, at least as long as in her life doesn't enter Garrett! He is always so frank, focused, stubborn and the two do nothing but fight. Because they really are at the extremes. He is the guy in the bed of which all the girls want to come (and they don't have to do so much work) and she instead only had a few stories, and now she has to give private lessons to this annoying guy with grey eyes.
But both found in the other that person with who they can be really themselves, that person with who they feel so comfortable to tell what many do not known.
And that's what we love: the fact that they discover they are ok together, watching tv series and chatting as friends.
But what we love most is when like two meteors they collide and it is impossibile to not see the sparks. Which is why they are fighting over something stupid or responding to a provocation!
In this book we also meet Allie, Logan, Dean and Tucker that we'll know better in the following books, and I know that you always can't wait to read about them like me after this book!
So I recommend it absolutely, and I think you will love it too! I also think that it's a perfect story to read in the summer!


Love,

Vale


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento